Puente Nuevo, Ronda


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Ronda
May 8th 2017
Published: July 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 36.742, -5.16641

Today we enjoyed a stunning drive along the Mediterranean coast then up through the countryside to Ronda. Though the road was a bit rough, the scenery was stunning, and the mountains dotted with sparkling white villages. We took full advantage of all the wonderful viewpoints along our way. One pretty hillside town where we stopped to enjoy the view was called Guacin, which had a fabulous view of the Guardiario Valley.
Ronda is a charming historical town well known for its 18th century bridge called Puente Nuevo (new bridge) which connects the old Moorish town to the newer city. The bridge took forty years to build and sits 100m above El Tajo Gorge.
We walked through the quaint old town before enjoying the amazing views as we crossed Puente Nuevo. We had a coffee in the newer city before going to look at Plaza Duquesa de Parcent with its variety of impressive buildings.
From the plaza we found our way back to the old town via Jardínes de Cuenca pathway. The pathway leads you to ledges overlooking El Tajo Gorge and lovely views of Puente Nuevo from below. As we followed the pathway it lead us across the oldest bridge in Ronda and back into the old town. We enjoyed a lovely late lunch of tapas and calamari. Then it was off to view Puente Nuevo from the other side of the gorge. We descended another pathway to a great viewpoint with views of Puente Nuevo and the surrounding Serranía de Ronda Mountains.
We then enjoyed an alternate route home which also had stunning views.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



12th May 2017

So cool.
15th May 2017

WOW that's quite the bridge! aren't humans amazing?

Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1.1mb