Is Social Media A Good Platform To Advertise Your Rental Property?


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Granada
July 8th 2012
Published: July 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

It seems to be the next logical step. Advertise your property via social media. BUT IS IT?

I am still not totally convinced. Yes there are millions of people using the social media sites every day, but are they doing so to search for rental properties, products or other items people want to advertise?
No they are doing so to socialise.

I know we used to go to the local pubs & bars (of which there were many) to socialise and catch up with our friends , but these days you are lucky if you can find one within a half mile of the next one (in the U.K anyaway). But these days its social networking that everybody loves.

We carried out a survey recently to ask rental owners, "if we were to offer you the opportunity to advertise your property on various social media sites, would you be interested"?

If i said we were disappointed with the response it would be an understatement, we thought that it would be welcomed with open arms due to the popularity of the subject and the fact that there are plenty of people who are, shall we say "in the know" or "experts" advising that this is the way forward.

If it doesn't light the imagination of the rental owners themselves, what chance has it with the people viewing the post who haven't specifically searchd for it.

Heres a post that i have taken from our archives from last year from a meeting that was hosted by Travelmole at the Yahoo head office in London.

http://www.netamatixblog.com/2011/07/travel-and-social-media-are-they.html



If you have any thoughts on this subject i would be pleased to hear your views.

Mark

VIPvillas.com

COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb