Granada


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Granada
June 12th 2006
Published: June 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

posado de colonposado de colonposado de colon

our hostal
We had a pleasant 6 hour trip here on the train from Madrid. I say pleasant because we were the only ones in the train car for most of the journey and we didn´t have the french women to contend with this time! This city is so beautiful...I caould easily see spending a week here. We had only planned on staying overnight, but by the time we got to the hostel and checked into our incredible room we decided to stay two days and cut down our time in Barcelona. We´re both tired of big cities and this one is small enough that we can walk everywhere.
We´re in the Atico the attic, it has a loft, it´s own balcony and looks out over the rooftops of this part of the city with tiny tiny winding streets and alleys. The street the hostel is on is so tiny the cab driver didn´t even know where it was! Had to ask people, finally gave up and left us close to where he thought it was.
We went wandering last night and evening, everything pretty much was closed because it was sunday, but what a run of good luck
1. Our fabulous room was available for tonight...we took it
2. Today is the start of a week of festivities here in Granada The Fiestas de Granada...the city´s all decked out
3. Even though we were told that you have to get tickets to the Alhambra days in advance which is why I wanted to come here...I got some through the internet!! We go tomorrow afternooon before we leave on the night train for Barcelona.
More later......


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

awww....awww....
awww....

every drunk here has a puppy!!!


Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0464s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb