Grenada


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Granada
December 22nd 2008
Published: December 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

GRENADAGRENADAGRENADA

On the way to Grenada.
Granada: 200km.
Not a long drive and an easy and enjoyable one. The plan is to spend 2 days et 3 nights in Grenada.
We arrived in the afternoon so we stayed in the van. As usual Linda tackled some washing/drying etc.. I spent the afternoon setting up Sat TV, repairing bikes and reorganising the garage.
The next morning we took the bus to visit Alhambra palace built by the moors some 1100 years ago when 2/3 of Spain was under Islamic rules.
The palace left me speechless; Considering when it was built, I have never seen anything like it.
It should be classed as a wonder of the world.
We spent a good 4 hours visiting the inside and the gardens before catching the bus to town.
The view from the top of the towers next to the palace are breathtaking.
The ice caped mountains of the Sierra Nevada as a background of Granada town are a wonderful views.

The next morning we visited the Kasbah where the moors lived.
While climbing up the narrow street of the Kasbah, Linda saw a door half closed and being what she is, she pushed the door open to discover a small
DamDamDam

Dam on the way to grenada. Very spectacular

Granada1
Moorish palace dating back 1100 years. We followed a group of students and spent a god hour meandering inside and out the palace as if we were student.
Back into the street of the Kasbah, there were Flamenco guitarists and singers entertaining crowds of tourists.



Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

GrenadaGrenada
Grenada

Where else but Grenada would you find a statue of pomegranites...


Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0836s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb