Clancy Heats it up in Spain


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Granada
August 8th 2008
Published: September 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Spain - Granada


Away into the distanceAway into the distanceAway into the distance

That was the RAC man right?

Forty degrees and a climb from sea level up to around 3000m. This and the fact that we very stupidly had not realised that one of the many extra switches on the dash was actually a manual switch for the radiator fan, made Clancy quite hot. Very hot actually. To the point that when we pulled off the motorway into a little town called Mondujar, she was boiling with steam hissing out the back. As we couldn’t get the temperature and flashing warning lamps to come down after some time we decided to call the RAC for assistance. By the time they finally arrived we had established (to much relief) that she was still starting and had gotten the guages back to normal. We decided it wise to have someone have a look at it, I don‘t think we had a choice after calling the RAC. It was in the middle of the night in Australia so calling Terry probably wasn’t wise this time.


The next few days were spent hassling RAC for hotels and taxis…something which they found difficult to organise efficiently. Still, we did get four nights accomodation in the middle of Granada for free, which was lovely, and gave us the opportunity to explore the city fully. All pretty good considering we had only taken out membership one week ago.


It took a day and a half before the RAC could tell us where our beloved Clancy had ended up. We went out to visit her and tried to explain what had happened to Pepe the head mechanic. Kirst had revised her Spanish and knew enough to say that the engine was hot. It seemed that in this area of Spain they were the experts in dealing with cars overheating so we left her there to be looked at some time over the next few days.


It turned out that we hadn’t done any major damage but the radiator benefited from a thorough clean and they gave us a fuel line pipe back that did have a hole in it. We took to the road again late in the day after picking her up, finally on our way again thankful that we hadn’t done more damage both to the car and to our bank balance.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.276s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 17; qc: 99; dbt: 0.096s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb