Granada


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Granada
July 14th 2008
Published: July 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ok, so I know that I've been really bad about updating... part of it is that the last city we visited kind of got ripped off. Hopefully this will be rectified, but until then... here's what I can say.

The drive up to Granada was incredible. I'm really glad that we decided to drive because it really allowed us to see a completely different side of Spain. On the flip side, we also got to experience the real traffic side of Spain. And unfortunately, that meant that we arrived at the Alcazar later than our reservation... by about 30 minutes. While I thought we would be ok because our reservation was for 1/2 hour, it turned out that the actual castle was actually 1/2 into the park. Needless to say, we did not get to see the inside of the Alcazar. Nor did we really get to see anything else - it was Sunday and most everything was closed.

What's worse is that this was the one site that Sarah really really wanted to see. I'm really hoping that we will get a chance to go back because it really seemed like it would be cool on the inside. In the mean time, here's some pictures of the drive there and the gardens/outside.




Additional photos below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Close-upClose-up
Close-up

This was really interesting - Mary is holding Jesus and she is actually crying. It was actually really powerful - you could feel a mother weeping for her son. I'm not really into art, but I was really impressed with this!


Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb