Alhambra Palace


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Granada
June 8th 2019
Published: June 9th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Alhambra Palace



Reflections from WithinOur visit to the Alhambra Palace was one of my favorite parts of our stay in Granada. The palace is truly an amazing site to see from both far away and actually within. The different styles of architecture influenced by different time periods, rulers, and religions makes it one of the most unique places I have ever seen. My favorite part about the visit was the royal gardens and just the plants in general. I am a plant lover, so you can imagine my excitement when seeing the beautiful different colored flowers, palm trees, and aromatic trees and bushes.
Reflections from OthersThe tour guide that walked us through the Alhambra palace was full of both knowledge and pride in the history, as well as in awe of the beauty as if it was her first time experiencing it. My classmates and I were also in awe and absolutely loved the sites we were seeing. I've noticed that out of all of the historical sites we had visited, the Alhambra Palace seemed to be the most intriguing and kept our attention the entire time. Myself and others did not mind the massive amounts of walking and did not become bored with the sites or the tour guide, which was impressive after such a long tour.Social ReflectionsDespite the beauty of the palace, I can't help but question the social correctness of its history. The palace was started and built by Muslims for their rulers because the part of Spain we now know as Granada was ruled by Muslims. Then, the Catholic monarchs decided to come in and take over the palace and claim it as their own and add Christian elements. This doesn't seem fair in any time period and can relate to more than one social issue whether that is cultural appropriation or religious discrimination, I don't see how it can be justified.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0235s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb