Walking around Granada


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Granada
June 5th 2005
Published: November 26th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Up early to go for a walk up to some hills in the Scaramonte area overlooking Granada to take pictures of the Alhambra. On the way there walked through part of the Albayzin area, lots of narrow streets and white houses, like Córdoba's Jewish area, so of course it is really easy to get lost. But got to the lookout points and the views were worth it. On the way back however decided not to walk through the Albayzin so ended up literally walking on a road around the outside of Granada, took a long time to get back to the centre.

Got back to the hostel, pretty tired from going to bed at 430am and getting up at about 8am this morning so had a long siesta.

After a good sleep went out again around 830pm with Mary and Chris from the night before. This time it was a Sunday night and it was a lot less crowded in the bars, and to me nicer. A couple of different types of tapas: some sort of patato salad, and some sort of squid salad. Ended up at a tea house around 1030pm, but did not get back to the hostel until around 12am, (still it was earlier than the night before.) Really good night with good conversation. Chris impressed with his knowledge of everything, art, science, politics, relgion, and Terry Pratchett.


Want to see more photos?

Have a look at my website here: http://www.firemanonasailingship.com/photos/


Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0591s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb