Last day in Granada, almost last day on earth


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Granada
April 14th 2018
Published: April 14th 2018
Edit Blog Post

I was informed over breakfast that today is my 28th wedding anniversary. As a wise man said "a bloke has a lot to remember, put the seat down, don't scratch in public, etc. How can he be expected to remember anniversaries as well."

Anyway, today is our last day in Granada so we caught the bus into the city centre and had a look at the Corral del Carbon, the only surviving caravanserai of the 14 that once existed in Granada. After the reconquista the space was used to store coal, hence 'del Carbon'.

The next stop was the Royal chapel that houses the ornate marble tombs of Isabella and Ferdinand and Juana the mad and Phillip the handsome, who wasn't. There are also an awful lot of religious paintings from the 15th and 16th centuries housed there as well.

Our final stop was the Inquisition museum, housed in what was once a Jewish home, with a blood curdling display of torture instruments used to gain 'confessions' from the many forced converts accused of nurturing their old religious beliefs in secret.

The remainder of the day consisted of taxi, bus and train rides on the long trek to Madrid in order to catch our flight to Morroco the next day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.109s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb