All the way to near Cadiz


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Cádiz
January 30th 2011
Published: January 30th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Found Somewhere a bit Warmer



We almost didn't get off on time but, thanks to our Giles and friend Mike, we managed to mend our broken electrical step. Much thanks to them for working so quickly, the day before we were due to leave. And then Michael managed to break the valve to one of the wheels whilst attempting to take a dust cap off. This meant a call to the AA and then a trip to the tyre shop to get a new valve fitted ("We don't fit metal valves!").

So on Tuesday we made it to Folkestone to see Lesley's brother's family which was really good including an afternoon with Emma in town and a walk along the front. Then onto Dover, Calais, our friends in Evreux for a coffee stop and to our other friends near Bergerac for a couple of nights. And so to Spain where it was still cold like home till we made it to Mérida with its Roman remains and a bit of warmth above 5C.

And now we are in a Conil campsite ready to take the ferry to Tangier and Morocco. A lovely sunny and mild day, cold out of the sun but really warm walking into town for lunch along the beach for a couple of miles.

Advertisement



1st February 2011

All the way
Glad to hear you have successfully arrived in S. Spain. Hope you manage to avoid any troubles that are brewing inTunisia etc. I am off to Phillipine Islands on small ship. Need the sunshine!!! Just keep going is my motto. You'll get there in the end. Dxx

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 15; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb