Stopped at Conil de la Frontera


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Cádiz
March 29th 2009
Published: March 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

A week in Conil



We have found a lovely campsite with wifi in the van so that we can listen to Radio 4 whenever we want to. It really makes a change in the holiday. Cuts us off a bit from other people and the country but keeps us in touch with the family and friends.

We have each morning logged on to BenCam when we join our grandson at his first meal in the day and even catch Graham before he goes off to work. Its been great.

Otherwise here we have had some great cycle rides and walks in the woods or the beach. Conil is a pleasant, unspoilt Spanish town with a lovely sandy beach. We eventually found a really short ride into town about half the distance on the main road. We also sorted out how to buy good stuff at the market.

The weather was unremitingly sunny but very windy which made the walks in the woods much the best bet rather than get sandblasted on the beach. We did get into the pool but it was cold.

And this is as far as we go this winter. For tomorrow we return much the way we have come.

And Anne, Graham and Ben have decided to come out for a few days to be with us in Portugal.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.187s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0851s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb