Andalusia-Almeria


Advertisement
Spain's flag
Europe » Spain » Andalusia » Almería
January 6th 2009
Published: January 6th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Friday 14th Nov
Isla Plana - Camping Los Delfines
MAZARRon
Mazarron is definitely a little corner from heaven on earth. If ever there is a place I would like to retire to, it would be it. Linda shares my feeling on this little gem.. It has 6 perfect half moon bays with clean sandy beach, The centre of town oozes with style, the marinas is more of a small port where most boats are of the fishing/sailing boat; none of the mega-millions pounds super-boats here and all the better for it!
As usual we took the bikes for a ride from Camping Los Delfines situated some 4miles from Mazarron in Isla Plana,
This is another place I promised myself to comeback to for a longer holiday..

Almeria:
We reach Almeria from high above on the mountains. The views are breath taking but the drive was intimidating. Just as we approached the port Linda spotted a sign for a camp site. The sign sent us back halfway up the mountains and at some 4 km up we saw the campsite right down the ravine at sea level.
With a sigh of relief we finally parked the van. The campsite itself is mostly a pebble beach; The sea waves were literally no more that 10metres away! Inside the motor home the sound of the waves was loud and clear. At sunset and sunrise the sceneries were fabulous. I’ve taken a lot of pictures just to remind myself of the beauty of the place when back at home in the cold and long nights. The campsite was apparently a gift of land by Franco the fascist ruler of Spain in the 30s/40s to those who sited with him! Not only that the owner has kept a statue symbolising the gift from Franco!
Almeria itself was OK. We found nothing special or of interest to us. Anyway we came to Almeria specifically to enquire about boat crossings from Spain to Algeria. There are two crossings a week on Mondays and Fridays but the cost is prohibitive; the lack of competition is such that the company operating the ligne between the two countries can charge what they like.
Next morning we’re off to Grenada.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb