fetch me the spirit the son and the father...


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Upper Carniola » Kranjska Gora
November 19th 2007
Published: November 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

aaaaaaaaaace. it's bloody cold in this wonderful place. jerry is currently on an inversion table, and it looks pretty entertaining to be fair. anyway, token recap of the last 24 hours. getting to stansted was a pain, and it cost me a stupid amount of money, resulting in me then worrying about saving money for when i get back, which is pretty lame, as i dont want to worry about that whilst i'm here, as it's my week of no worrying. but yes, got to stansted, waited around for aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages, and then got my booty on a plane. i love flying. i've said it about 793 times, but flying, especially over cities at night, is my favourite thing to do. we had a bit of turbulence, which i quite liked strangely enough. it's a strange sensation, but one that was strangely exciting. if only i could have turbulence every flight, heh. kinda like a rollercoaster then, weird.

anyway, arrived in ljubljana, it was snoooooooooooooowy! aww, it was nice to see proper snow, and it's supposed to be getting whiter as the week goes on, which will be nice. although, as jerry and sonja keep telling me, my converse are going to be slayed by the snow. i'm gonna have the coldest feet in town, thats right. i've brought my shoes shoes with me, but something tells me it's going to be a chilly few days for my tootsies. sonja met me at the airport, which was ace, her hair is a different colour again! madness! made our way to the car and drove back to her home in kranj. her house is so ace, it has 3 balconies! and loads of floors! and an office! and a mad coffee machine! and a garage! (which sonja left open when picking me up, but dont tell her parents that). i have my own little room, which is nice and cute! anyway, got in, met sonja's parents, and of course, being the idiot i am, i had to say something ridiculous when meeting them.

'hey, i'm john, and i'm really boring. sorry i'm not more interesting'.

nice work john, nice work. got in, had some home made apple juice, and watched the IT crowd, which is better than i remember. had a bath, slept! was supposed to wake up at 8, and i did wake up at 8. except i woke up at 8am, UK time, instead of slovenia time. fool! so had a bit of a rush this morning, but got into ljubljana on time. sonja had a presentation to do today, which she did super well in (Woo!), so i had a day of walking around ljubljana. i decided to go up the castle, which i hadnt managed to do in summer, and again being a fool, i decided to walk up. there really is a reason for those cable cars.

the view from up there is pretty spectacular though. ljubljana looks a heck of a lot bigger from there. i photographed a grandma playing in the snow with her grandkid (i asked them first, i know the rules), which is cute. they made an ace snowman! well, i say ace, it's really small and lame, but it had a cute honesty to it. took a photo of that as well. walked around the castle a little longer, before realising that i hadnt eaten since 2.30 the day before, so i went out in search of food. being the elephant that i am (memory wise, not girth), i made my way to the little alley that we had all our meals in during summer, and had some cutty pizza! oh how i missed the cutty sark! more walking, met up with sonja, went shopping for food (PASTA! PESTO! CHEESE! MUSHROOMS! BACON!), came home, ate (PASTA! PESTO! CHEESE! MUSHROOMS! BACON!), and tonight me, sonja and jerneja are going for a quiet drink in town. woo!

this is getting long, so i should probably finish it, but i've gotta do my token guff slovenia loving at the end i suppose. i love it here. i really really do. everything just makes sense. every single thing that bothers me at home, every thing that plays on my mind, every little worry that i create myself back home, doesnt exist here. my general frustration with humanity, doesnt exist here. every problem back home becomes clear when i'm here, the answers seem so clear. anything, whether it's people related, girl related, money related, personal stuff, it just seems to make sense here. i've said it a million times, but there is something about this place that just makes sense to me. it's beautiful, it's awkward, it's alive, it's sarcastic, it's funny, it's interesting in its quaintness. it is genuinly a country version of me, as stupid as that sounds.

anyway, this can end here. tomorrow is my birthday! yes! 22! i'm not sure whats exciting about that, but what the hey. i'm going to go to bled again, see what its like in winter, before going for drinks in the evening with sonja and jerry. big party friday! woo!

ace.

Advertisement



20th November 2007

john william
Happy birthday john john,dont worry about money enjoy yourself lots of love, esp from bestest girl in the world xxxxxX

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb