The Logarska Valley


Advertisement
Slovenia's flag
Europe » Slovenia » Kamnik
July 30th 2017
Published: August 3rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

The Logarska valley is a national park of beautiful green meadows and more alpine slopes, this time the Kamnik Alps, near the town of Solcava. The park ranger suggested a walk up to a view point above Rika Slap (waterfall), it was a steep climb up to the top of the waterfall and then following the dry riverbed up and up to a saddle. We stopped there, it looked as if the climb became even steeper and we’d had enough, the view was great down through the mountains. It was nothing like as good a hike as the other day but still enjoyable. We were there at the weekend which meant lots of locals there, particularly at the café near the waterfall (which you can drive up to). We stayed a few km outside of the town at a guesthouse/ inn with a lovely garden with views of the mountains. Excellent food to such as stuffed dumplings and homemade sausages.

The best thing we did here was the Panoramic Road. The guesthouse was very close to it so we did part of it in the evening with a thunder storm brewing and then again in the early morning on a way out. The light was very different each time but the views are amazing. There are information points along the way with boards describing features of the landscape and focusing on the traditional farms along the way.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0778s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb