accompanied travel!!!


Advertisement
Slovakia's flag
Europe » Slovakia
June 13th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

COOL fountainCOOL fountainCOOL fountain

I loved it...except there was no water in it?!
So, got to Kosice yesterday...
It was 5am and we just walked around the city...very nice little old town but, The fountains were not filled with water!!! ><"

Nothing much and our train to Spisske Pohradie was not till an hour later..
so we went to the supermarket, bought some food and had breakfast at the park..=)
Took the train...but we had to change to this other commuter train to the town actually..
it was nice!! very cute..just like a bus..haaa!

We arrived and the Pension guy was really nice!!! The guy I came with didn't reserve a room, so at the end, I got a double room and he got the single room. The penzion was very nice and cozy!!! just like home....actually, more comfortable than my home..haaaa!
Anyways, we got settled and then went into town to look around.
No internet cafe around ne..><" (I am now in the mountain resort town info centre...)
The information centre at SP town was actually quite helpful despite being so small..
We went up the slope to the Kapitula place..its this old little enclosed town with an old cathedral....found out that it was actually the religious centre during the
Beautiful CountrysideBeautiful CountrysideBeautiful Countryside

This is Spisske Pohradie, where my penzion was. So beautiful!!!!
12th/13th century.
really nothing much....nice and peaceful..
Then, we took the bus to Poprad to find information about the High Tatras, which we planned on trekking tomorrow..
A long walk from the bus station to the information centre, and we had to buy the maps...><"
It was cheap tho! haaa..
Next, went to this SLovakian restaurant to have some authenic Slovak food.....YUM!!
I had this potato pancake with pork leg and mushroom in special sauce..haa...very filling.
He had some spinish pirohs...kinda like the pierogi from Poland...I tried some and they were GOOOOOOOOOD. This time was the baked ones but the dough was just so delicious!!!
Great meal and we had drinks as well....it all came up to less than 150SK! that's like only 3.5EUR!!!!!! ging cheap!!! Slovak stuff ging cheap!! hope the capital is as well with the shopping..coz I already know accommodation in bratislava is $__$....WAHAHAAAAA!!!

So then we headed back to the bus station. I went by the train station to check for the overnight bus to Bratislava, my next stop..but...DARN...no night train.
There are night buses tho....but buy tix from the driver...... ..so can't reserve.

We bought stuff to make dinner back at the penzion..
Pork leg with Potato pancakesPork leg with Potato pancakesPork leg with Potato pancakes

YUM! cheap, great Slovakian fooooood! We just loved this restaurant!!!!

Then foudn out we needed matches to light up the gas stove!! argh.....ran around and finally met this lady with a lighter....we got the stove started but...the lighter..broke?? dunno how that happened? haaa...just returned it to her and left...ahhhh! felt bad...><" hope it was just a little wacky and worked afterwards...
Anyways, with some really good sausages, we made some VERY DELICIOUS pasta! or I should say..he made. haaa...wow...much better than the ones I make usually...HAAA.... It was still bright at 7 and had dinner in the little garden...This penzion is just sooo relaxing ne!
After that we went to the Spisske Hrad..the castle ruins..It was huge during the 12th century....but bombed in the early 13th century....I read they rebuilt it afterwards in the 15th century..I guess it got bombed again...?_?
it was a nice walk up..and the view was very nice! Couldn't get in tho...=·
Went back to the penzion....chatted and slept lu...at 11pm!! haaaa
Next day gonna wake up at 7am so we can get to the mountains early!^^"

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 32; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb