Another glimpse of the High Tatras...


Advertisement
Europe » Slovakia » Presov Region » Poprad
August 17th 2016
Published: December 1st 2016
Edit Blog Post

Bus to Poprad was leaving at 11.15, so we had plenty of time in the morning to eat breakfast in peace and pack afterwards. Then a usual minibus ride back to Zakopane and soon after we were boarding our bus to Poprad. Even though it was only 60km to Poprad from Zakopane I thought that the scheduled 1,5h journey seemed quite hopeful when taking into account the usual queues from Zakopane towards Lys... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




2nd December 2016

tbuffington@bop.gov
I like your blogs. They are informative and lots of pics. Also like that you take kid with for the adventures!
3rd December 2016

Slovakia
You are doing some great travels. This is beautiful!! Keep the details coming....we hope to follow in your footsteps.
5th December 2016

Slovakia
I wish we had more time in the Slovak Tatras as there surely was a lot to see... Next time! Hope to give you even more reasons to come to this part of the world in the next blogs.
5th December 2016

Nothing to do...except blogging
Our travels (and blogs) are littered with towns like Poprad, which are not exactly what you expect and we always tend to get caught there longer than we wanted. The upside is it gives you the chance to take it easy and catch up on blogging. It is sort of funny when you find a town that has so much tourist potential but isn't doing anything about it, unusual in this day and age. Great photos of those peaks.
5th December 2016

Nothing to do...except blogging
Yes getting caught in a place like that certainly has some advantages. And yes it is very unusual that a place like this doesn't try to get some more tourism... especially after seeing so many places that are trying to make money on absolutely anything... Funny world!
5th December 2016

Slovakian Tatras
Remarkable the Polish side is crawling with tourists but from your account Anna, the Slovakian side is not. Poprad sounds the sort of place we would choose as a base, 'cause we love spectacular countryside with NO TOURISTS! Amazing trip you are having and Millie looks as if she is also having a ball. (What a cutie by the way...and doesn't Dad look proud)!
9th December 2016

Slovakian Tatras
We do prefer places with the least amount of tourists possible as well, I was just really surprised that the Polish side can attract so much tourism and the Slovak side hardly any at all... Yes, dad is very proud and we are all having a great time. Thanks for commenting Dave!

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb