101 Degrees of CANVAS


Advertisement
Europe » Serbia » West » Belgrade
July 21st 2014
Published: July 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today was yet another way-too-hot day. We finished up our workshop with CANVAS, where my group discovered that it would have been nice to know exactly what we were going to do with our topic (Qatar 2022) before getting into it, as it was really not the best issue to work on. As is, though, we battled through it and came out with a completely not-at-all feasible result for how we're going to get FIFA to move the World Cup. Granted, given that it's FIFA, even a feasible proposal still wouldn't work, but that's not the point.

After we finished there, we had a free afternoon from about 2:15 onwards. My team met to fix our proposal (it's still not feasible, because we're assuming we have contact information for a lot of people that it's not easy to get contact information from, but feasibility isn't a criterion in this project), because it turns out that our professors decided that they were going to grade the proposals. That took us through to 3, at which point Joyce and I decided to run to the lake, where a lot of the other people on the trip were hanging out. By the time we got there, though, they'd moved, so we spent an aggravated 45 minutes looking for them so that we could swim, which was the entire point of running to the lake. Of course, by the time we did find them, we didn't want to swim anymore.



I swam anyway, and it was completely worth it because the water was super-warm and the air was super-not-warm by that point. We then tossed around a frisbee, then headed back to the hotel to get ready for dinner. Which we got lost trying to find (there was one restaurant in particular we were looking for). And I was seriously hungry because I'd missed lunch so I was not what you'd call thrilled about that. On the flip side, we went to an Italian place that was amazing. Bruschetta, Beef salad, fresh-squeezed lemonade (actually pretty much all lemonade here is fresh-squeezed. I love it.), and pavlova cake. I didn't know what the last one was, but it's amazing. Chocolaty, fruity, whipped creamy goodness. We spent the rest of the night just hanging around, playing music and bonding, and looking forward to not being in the oven-room upstairs for a third straight day.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.033s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0136s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb