Our second day in Belgrade


Advertisement
Europe » Serbia » West » Belgrade
May 22nd 2010
Published: May 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Eileen: Well, where do I start? Richard, Jane, Peg and Kristy went to the bar across the street after dinner last night and did not get in till 4:00 in the morning. Mugs and I were sleeping in our comfey beds. Who was the first one up this morning? Jane, two hours before everyone else who got up at 11:oo am. We went to the local grocery store to shop for breakfast and it was facinating. The bread is out of this world, Bread everywhere, every color, kind, shape and flavor. I think this is where the saying bread is the staff of life came from. Jane cooked us up eggs and bacon, we had bread , bananas and the best sweets we found in a window at street level with a woman standing in the basement with racks of sweets which we pointed at and said "six" each.

After breakfast we started walking (the wrong way) to get to the FORT which is on the highest spot in the city, which is a big city, and is so beautiful, right on the Danube and the Saba rivers where they come together. It is uphill most of the way so we had our workout today. Thank goodness we met two young men who asked us where we were from and gave us directions to get to the Fort. We had such a nice conversation with them and they were so interested in what we tought of Serbia and why we came here. Dark clouds came up and it thundered but rained just enough to give us some time to stand in a tunnel and enjoy the secenery. We had a wonderful dinner at an outdoor resturant and the waiter was a jewel. I got Vanessa and Krysten the cutest dresses made in Serbia and a shot glass for Pattie, sorry Phil and Denise, nothing for you yet. We met our guy from the hostel, settled with him, he is arranging to have a taxie pick us up at 9:00 in the morning to take us to the train station for a 10 hour ride to Montenergo and beyond. We have no spell check on this so forgive me for any miss spelled words as I am rusty at typing.

We are on our way across the street to the bar.





Advertisement



25th May 2010

This is sooo neat!
I sure do wish I could be there with you Eileen. But I have to say, this is a pretty fun substitute. Sounds like some good 'carrying on" is already happening. good for you guys. Janey is GREAT!!!! We went swimming this morning. She is doing just fine. And so am I for that matter. Keep in touch. Love you, Diane

Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0836s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb