Labor Laws


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia
March 29th 2007
Published: March 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

It is amazing and I wonder how companies can stay in business with some of these "Russian Regulations"!

1. Downsizing, must pay the salary for that person for 3 months as long as they can bring their labor book in showing that they do not have a job. No, they do not have to look for one or even try, they only have to be bring their labor book in that shows that they do not have a job to get paid each month for up to three months.

2. You and/or your child can be out sick as much as you want and with partial pay as long as you have a doctor's note. After four months, yes, you read that correctly, the company can present your case to the Labor Board for review, but we can not terminate you. I found this out when I started investigating an employee that has missed 72 days over the past year (5 day work week) plus took her 4 weeks vacation (20 days) for a total of 92 days!!!! She had a doctor's note so there was nothing I could do.

3. To add salt to that, if you have been employeed with that company for 1-6 years, you get 60% of your salary up to 16,5000 rubles (or something like that); 7-8 years = 80%; and more than 10 years = 100%.

There is no incentative to come to work and everyone here wonders why people are so lazy. It is the stupidest thing I have seen. I know two of my past employees turned in their notice and are required to give two weeks. I do not have to allow them to stay, but they have to offer two weeks; however, what they mostly do, is get "sick" the next day after turning in their notice. I am sure everyone can guess for how long they are sick, yes, 8 days. They will always come back on the last day of their resignation so they can get all of their paperwork signed so they get paid. Of course they are getting some portion of their salary from us depending on how long they were with us before resigning while working at their new job.

What a great system, if you are a lazy bum! Incredible!!!

Advertisement



1st April 2007

Unbelievable! And I thought I knew some lazy people! lol

Tot: 0.336s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0758s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb