Homestay in Russia


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Siberia » Novosibirsk
November 27th 2009
Published: September 12th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We lived with a homestay family when we were in Novosibirsk. The homestay father drove us to his home. It was an apartment bloc in a little village faraway from the centre of Novosibirsk. It took almost 2 hours of drive to arrive there.

The homestay was in a Soviet apartment block, as many of the residential place in Russia. The apartment was constructed in Soviet period of time, and was decorated with vintage furniture. The homestay mother told us that the decoration in the house has not been changed since the past 20 years. Everything remained the same as the time she just moved into the house. The only difference was that her sons have bought a computer and a high-fi set in their room.

The apartment was occupied by the homestay mother, as well as her two young sons. The woman did not know how to speak in English. Her sons often acted as a translator.

Life in the homestay family was very pleasant. They treated us as guests. We often had baked salmon fish for dinner. The homestay mum enjoyed cooking. All of us loved her homemade tomato sauce. The tomato sauce was made with real tomato, peach, onion and sugar. It tasted a bit sour but sweet. We often act it with bread, spaghetti and rice for lunch.

Even though we could not communicate well with the homestay family due to language barrier, the homestay family made our journey a memorable one! We felt like a part of their family during our stay.



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Photo 8Photo 8
Photo 8

The house still used a large vintage key
P1040288P1040288
P1040288

Homestay family
Photo 9Photo 9
Photo 9

Celebration of Emma's birthday
PC290275PC290275
PC290275

Friends of homestay family


Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb