Life in student hall


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Siberia » Novosibirsk
December 3rd 2009
Published: September 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The exchange experience officially started when we moved into the student dorm in NSTU. We had the chance to live with other Russian students in a student residential hall together for a 5-week-period.

Food was provided in the accommodation. We had the chance to taste traditional Russian breakfast, lunch and dinner. Even though the meals were similar everyday, we enjoyed them a lot. We felt like home every day when the staff in the canteen gave us a big warm smile before we got our food. For breakfast, we usually had bread and butter, congees, porridge, yoghurt and eggs. For lunch, we usually had minced beef and rice, salmon fish or baked chicken. Sometimes when we were lucky enough, there would be cheesecakes as dessert. Dinner time was not the best of all. It was not regarded as an important meal in Russia. People usually just have a few pieces of sweet bread and some vegetables soup. Therefore, we often skipped it but rather buy fast food.

Students from the residential hall were very friendly. I am so grateful have made friends with them. Even though not all of them could speak in English, they were very passionate to invite us for tea parties at nights. They often treated as guests and invited us for Russian cakes and tea after dinner. I was very impressed by their friendliness and their willingness to practice English with foreigners. Language barrier was not a big problem for us to communicate, as we sang songs and used body language all the time. I missed the time when we were in the residential hall, playing games and chatting with the Russian students every night.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb