Go Jump in a Lake


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Siberia » Lake Baikal
March 2nd 2021
Published: February 3rd 2021
Edit Blog Post

After my little review of famous mountains, why not review some famous lakes? There is something magical about both. Lakes tend to evoke a more tranquil feeling, for the most part. The bluest of blues can be seen in many of the lakes I have visited. Lake Tahoe Close to home, and a year around destination, Lake Tahoe's water level seems to rise and fall with regularity. It is pretty any time of year. I have fond memories of taking the chairlift to the top of Heavenly Ski Resort, and looking over my shoulder at the most beautiful blue water, in contrast to the snow covered mountains. A recent article featured a man who helps recover bodies from lakes, from a depth of over 1500 feet! Crater Lake One of Oregon's famous landmarks, I found it to be a somewhat windy, and isolated. But beautiful in the middle of a rater. Lake Michigan When one thinks of this lake, one thinks of the great city of Chicago. I have always enjoyed Chicago. One of the more famous lines we used there: "Where's the lake?" My buddy KenBob remembers well. Lake Baikal On my two week trip on the Trans Siberian, I had to stop here for a few nights. In May, we got snowed in! It is the deepest fresh water lake in the world, and holds one-fifth of the world's fresh water. It freezes over in winter. How many of you can say you have been there? Lake Okanagan A beautiful lake in BC, home to a July 4th Elvis Fest. The area is rich in both wine and ice cream. And many nice golf courses. Lake Lucerne In the middle of Switzerland, it almost makes a person want to yodel. Well, not really. The Great Salt Lake A most unique lake, and home to the Bonneville Salt Flats, and their land speed records. Lake Manyara (Tanzania) A great place to see water fowl and hippos. Lake Titicaca Peru has much to offer, Machu, culture, lakes, and cuy. And the name is interesting! I am sure I left off some of your favorites. Many of you are also into fishing, boating and sailing. You must have a secret place you can share? PS: Maybe we can explore islands or rivers next?


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.145s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb