Being Lazy in Irkutsk


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Siberia » Irkutsk
July 15th 2009
Published: July 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Irkutsk


We arrived in Irkutsk in the evening and after we found our hostel we headed out to find food but to no avail, so we ended up purchasing some bread, ham and cheese and of course beers and headed back for an early night.

After 3 days on a train doing nothing you'd think we were itching to get out there and see the sights but to be honest we couldn't be bothered so we parked up in a bar with some outside space so we could sit in the sun and drink our way through the day. Tony had read there was a bar called The Liverpool Bar here and was determined to find it, we did and it was pants inside, g had a wine which we reckon had been open for many months as it was horrible. We found a cool Russian/Mongolian place to eat, Tony enjoying his massive plate of meat before we headed back to the hostel for a beer.

Woke up the next morning to find the French dudes from Yekaterinburg in our hostel, which was a nice surprise! We couldn't hang around for long chatting as we had a mission of purchasing our Mongolian visas. Only remembering we needed photos once in the queue we darted off with half an hour to spare before leaving our passports with the Mongolian embassy for a week. Feeling a little unsecure in Russia without our passports we had a walk around town (not much to see here) and headed back to the hostel for some beers, vodka and food with the French guys. Here we met two Irish girls who were staying with us and they kindly introduced G to Russian champagne which she has since purchased whenever she's found it.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb