Edit Blog Post
Published: September 1st 2006
Some, but by no means all, of my favourite days of the last nine months:
YAROSLAVL, 2nd September 2005 to 7th January 2006: A bit more about Yaroslavl.
- My very first impressions of Russia. Good friends stick together.
- A school day. Everything apart from me falling asleep on the Yartek sofa! Saved by the bell.
- What a school day would have been like if I was born here. The real Kazan.
- The middle day of a first, unforgettable trip to Tatarstan. Out with the old.
- A cold afternoon in an historic town. Daughter's Lesson.
- The 25th Yartek play. Moscow: if everybody lived the same.
- Reading week in the big city. (Day one of four.) Mixed fortunes.
- Ice-hockey, up close and personal. Brunettes have more fun.
- The world's coldest and snowiest playground. When in Moscow....
- ... do as the Yartechniki do. Christmas Day.
- Not a turkey in sight. Try and stop me.
- A stroll around my future home, in a snow blizzard. Make yourself at home.
- A very busy day in the Ukrainian countryside.
TVER, 18th February to 16th May 2006: Unhappy holidays.
- A day walking around the new town, in the still and freezing cold air. Pancakes.
- The main day of the spring 'festival season'. Feeding the fifteen.
- The very best and tastiest friday trip, to a bread factory. Debut.
- One of the busiest days. The market, volleyball and a Soviet nightcap. The old town.
- A trip back to my old home, with new friends. Gallery, 2.
- Kolya's photography, which I think is fantastic. Kazan: thursday.
- The week in Kazan has to be read as a story, starting from today. Kazan: monday.
- A day when everything and nothing made sense. A life less ordinary.
- The first of two trips to the big city in the same week. Away from it all.
- A simpler kind of life. Living the old-fashioned Russian way, if only for a day.
Tot: 0.552s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 14; qc: 79; dbt: 0.0608s; 1; m:saturn w:www (184.108.40.206); sld: 1;
; mem: 1.4mb