Update... from 8th of March till now...


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Northwest » Moscow
March 20th 2006
Published: March 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

The other Ramenka traineesThe other Ramenka traineesThe other Ramenka trainees

Up to now we are 6 trainees at Ramenka, 2 more are supposed to come within the next month... From left to right: Ozgur, Ulvi & Tugrul from Turkey, Peter from Austria and Jeff from USA-Kansas
Hi there...

On 8th of March was Women“s day in Russia... Official Holiday!! So on 7th several men of our company passed through the offices and gave roses and a congratulation-card to each woman!! Nice!!
In the evening we had a tiny party at the trainees flat... we had a day off the next day, so we had to celebrate...
Most important rules if you attend a Party in Russia...
1. If you hear about the party, tell the others! If it would be a private party people would tell you in advance!... Generally, the more people, the better!!!
2. Everybody buys some beer and brings it to the party (yes, eventhough there are other stereotypes, Russians drink far more beer than Vodka) this way everybody contributes to the party... and it is always welcomed to bring some frozen russian pasta (Pelmieni) filled with meet or vegetables or so and mayoneese as souce
3. Always be prepared to stay over night!! This is totally normal in Russia and decided spontainiously... everybody just sleeps where they can find a free space... the couch, floor, chairs and even in the parent’s bed...

The free day I just stood at home with
And rule No 4 for parties...And rule No 4 for parties...And rule No 4 for parties...

sooner or later someone picks up the guitar and everybody sings russian songs...
my two room mates and relaxed!! In the evening I got a call that we are going to the registration-office on Thursday... finally!!! Everybody is supposed to be registered after 3 days... I was already here for a month and still not registered... NOT GOOD!!!!!!

So the next day we spent with a real marathon from one authority to the next and back...
First to the registration-office where they told us the amount of taxes we had to pay for water-, electricity- and gas-supply... then to the bank to pay the money, but there was no cash maschine „bankomat“ so we had to go back to the street and find one... don’t ask me, why there was non in the bank... then we paid our taxes and went back to the registration office to egt the stamp we needed...
Would have been to easy if it would have worked like that... the girl acompanying us had filled in the forms, but we were two different persons and there was only one handwriting... so I coppied the form letter by letter and afterwards I was really pround about my first self-filled form in Russia... Still, I think it is pure
The Sushi Bar...The Sushi Bar...The Sushi Bar...

I forgot to take a pic of my first ever Sushi, but I took one of the nicely presented cake we had as dessert
harassment of the authorities!!!
Than we were standing again in lines and finally got the stamp...

Afterwards we went to the police „militzija“ to register... On our way to the office we bought a box of choclates, because only Lyuba was comming with us but her dad was supposed to come with us as well... Well, he couldn’t, because he had to work, so we took the choclates and in case the woman in charge of the registration wouldn’t want to accept our papers we could give her the box as a sort of „woman’s day’s present“... SO korruption is already planned in... interesting...
After standing in line for a while we were informed, that they are the wrong authority for business visa and therefor we left to another one in the city-center...
Of course the one they sent us to wasn’t the right one either and we had to walk to the next one around some blocks... and they just had left for lunch break...
So we waited an hour, got ourselves some food and then came back, just to be told, that they cannot help us and that we have to get registered through the organisation that
Keep smiling...Keep smiling...Keep smiling...

Yea... and finally everything worked out fine, so just keep smiling!!! (This is my buddy Lesha!)
gave us the invitation letter we needed for the VISA...
This office was closed already, so we went back home and met again early Friday mornign, to continue our authority-odyssee...
First we went to the Militzija again, because due to the fact that we were late with registration we had to pay a penalty „Straf“...
And I just thought, don’t do that... don’t go into the lion’s den... I had a bad feeling... and I was right...

The officer looked at Jeff’s and my passport, mumbled something and then pocketed them... MY PASSPORT!!!! ... not good! Definitely not good!!!
He left the room and when he came back he said something to Lyuba... in russian of course... so I just understood „Germani“ several times and Jeff was sure that he heard “deportatzija“... hmmmm... bad feeling... and nobody told us, what was going on...
Well, to make it short, they wanted money... You pay and we give you the paper that you payed the Straf and the passports... 250 US-Dollar per person... otherwise it’s just one signature and we deport the two foreigners... Roman, as well an AIESECer who came to the police to sort out the problem just made
The eternal flameThe eternal flameThe eternal flame

Burning for all the people who died for Russia
it worse... he threatened them wioth a lawyer and the situation eskalated temporarily... the deportation-form was already laying on the desk... Lyuba sent us out of the room and somehow she managed, that in the end AIESEC had to pay 220 Dollar „Straf“ cash and we could finally leave, with the document and the passports... after 3,5 hours...

The rest was comparely easy! We went to Visa-to-Russia, the company which wrote the invitation letters, payed 40 Dollars for the registration and got a paper, that said, that our passports are currently at registration... Afterwards we went for a beer, because we really deserved it... at 3:30 pm... but anyway, we deserved it!!!

Last Thursday we got our passports back, with the registration stamp in it... I am finally officially registered and therefore legally in Moscow!!!
Jeff and me went again to celebrate this in a small Sushi Bar next to the Visa-To-Russia office... first Sushi in my life and I liked it! (you can find sushi bars here at any corner... and the prices are ok... not cheap, neither too expensive!!)

Ok... enough for now!! More information in the next messages!!
Antje
___________________________________________________________________________________

Halloechen

Am
Changing of the guardsChanging of the guardsChanging of the guards

Another time we went to the red ssquare and this time we arrived there just in time for the changing of the guards of the "eternal flame" This is a shnapshot of them passing by the Stalingrad memorial stone
8. Maerz war hier der Tag der Frau... Offizieller Feiertag!!! Am 7.03. sind ein paar Maenner unserer Firma durch die Bueros gegangen und haben jeder Frau eine Rose und eine Glueckwunschkarte ueberreicht! Sehr nett.
Abends haben wir dann eine kleine Party in der Prakti-WG gefeiert... wir hatten ja am naechsten Tag frei...
Die wichtigsten Regeln fuer eine Party in Russland...
1. Wenn man von einer Party erfaehrt, dann informiert man andere darueber; wenn es eine private Party ist, dann wird einem das gesagt... ansonsten, je mehr Leute, umso besser
2. Jeder kauft ein paar Bier (ja, Russen trinken in Wahrheit mehr Bier als Vodka) und traegt so zur Party bei... etwas Essen mitzubringen, wie z.B. tiefgefrorene russische Tortelini (Pelmieni) und Mayo, ist nie falsch!
3. Immer eine Zahnbuerste einpacken... meist beleiben alle moeglichen Leute ueber Nacht und man schlaeft, wo man eben Platz findet... Couch, Boden, Stuehle, im Bett der Eltern ... jaja, das sollte man mal in D machen.. da faenden das die meisten (Eltern) wohl nicht so toll!! Aber hier ist das normal und man muss auch nicht vorher ankuendigen, dass man ueber Nacht bleibt...

Mittwoch habe ich mit meinen beiden Mitbewohnerinnen zu Hause verbracht und relaxed...
Now we are famous!!!Now we are famous!!!Now we are famous!!!

One day at work a girl came into my department, asked me to come with her and then she took a picture of all the trainees... one week later they published it in the internal Ramstore Newspaper... Now we are famous! ;o)
am Abend hab ich erfahren, dass wir Donnerstag frueh losgehen, um endlich die Registrierung abzuschliessen.. war auch schon laengst faellig!!! Eigentlich muss man in Russland innerhalb von 3 Werktagen eine Registrierung machen, aber ich hatte nach einem Monat noch keine - NICHT GUT!!!!!!

Also haben wir einen wahren Amts-Marathon hinter uns gebracht... Zum Regstrierungs-Office, um uns sagen zu lassen, was wir fuer Steuern zahlen muessen... (Pauschalen fuer den Verbrauch von Wasser, Strom und Heizung) ... dann zur Bank, um zu Bezahlen... stopp... zurueck und in der Strasse einen „Bankomat“ (heisst auf Russisch auch so) gesucht und dann wieder zur Bank... fragt nicht, warum die keinen Bankomat hatte...??? dann bezahlt und wieder zum Registrierungsbuero um zu belegen, dass wir bezahlt haben und unseren Stempel abzuholen...
Mist... da weder Jeff (aus Kansas) noch ich wirklich kyrillisch schreiben koennen hat eine AIESECerin (Lyuba) fuer uns die Formulare ausgefuellt... das geht aber nicht... die muss man naemlich selber ausfuellen und da waren ja nun 2 Personen, mit identischer Handschrift... also durfte ich mein erstes Formular ausfuellen... Lyuba hat es vorgeschrieben und ich habe es nachgemalt... danach war ich zwar extremst stolz auf mich, aber trotzdem ist das reine Schikane der Behoerden!!!
Dann haben wir wieder in der Schlange gestanden und endlich unseren Stempel bekommen...

Danach sind wir dann zur Polizei gegangen um die Registrierung abzuschliessen… unterwegs haben wir eine Schachtel Pralinen gekauft, da eigentlich nicht nur Lyuba, in deren Wohnung wir regisrtiert sind, mit uns gehen haette muessen, sondern auch ihr Vater als Eigentuemer der Wohnung... der musste aber arbeiten.. und da haben wir mal vorsorglich die Pralinen eingepackt, die wir der Beamtin als Geschenk zum Tag der Frau ueberreichen koennen, falls sie uns nicht registrieren will...
Die Bestechung wird also schon eingeplant... interessant...
Naja, nachdem wir dann wieder Schlange gestanden haben wurde uns gesagt, dass sie nicht zustaendig seien fuer die Registrierung von Business Visa... also in die Metro, in die Innenstadt, zum naechsten Office und dann zum naechsten, weil die wieder nicht zustaendig waren... und die hatten dann gerade Mittagspause...
Wir haben uns was zu essen gesucht, die Stunde verstreichen lassen und sind dann wieder zurueck gekommen, nur um uns sagen zu lassen, dass man Business-Visa nur ueber die Firma registrieren kann, die die Einladungen ausgeschireben hat...
Dafuer war es nun aber zu spaet und daher haben wir uns noch einen Tag von der Arbeit abgemeldet um am Freitag die Behoerden-Odyssee fortzusetzen...

Freitag morgen sind wir dann um 8 Uhr wieder auf die Polizeistation (die selbe, auf der wir schonmal waren) um unsere „Straf“ zu bezahlen, fuer die verspaetete Registrierung...
Und ich sach noch... tut das nicht... ich hab kein gutes gefuehl mich in die Hoehle des Loewen zu wagen... und so war es dann auch...

Der Beamte hat sich Jeff’s und meinen Pass angeschaut, etwas gebrummelt und sie erst mal eingesteckt... MEIN PASS......!!! Kein gutes Gefuehl!!! Dann ist er verschwunden, kam zurueck und hat Lyuba einen Vortrag gehalten... auf Russisch natuerlich... Ich hab nur ein paar mal „Germani“ gehoert und Jeff war sich sicher „“deportatzija“ gehoert zu haben... hmmmm... kein gutes Gefuehl... und es hat uns auch keiner gesagt, was genau passiert ist...
Im Endeffekt wollten sie Geld... ihr gebt uns Geld, wir geben Euch den unterschriebenen Strafzettel und die Paesse...250 US-Dollar pro Person... Der AIESECer (Roman) der dazu kam, um zu helfen, hat die Lage durch die Androhung von Hinzuziehung eines Anwalts voruebergehend noch eskalliert... das Ausweiseformular lag schon auf dem Tisch... aber dann hat Lyuba uns aus dem Zimmer geschickt, und das Ergebnis waren dann ca 220 Dollar „Straf“ bar auf die Hand und wir konnten gehen... nach 3,5 Std...

Der Rest lief dann reibungslos... Wir sind zu Visa-to-Russia gefahren, woher wir die Einladungsschreiben hatten, haben unsere Unterlagen eingereicht, 40 Dollar bezahlt, damit das ganze in 3 Werktagen erledigt wird (statt 30 Dollar fuer 10 Werktage) und sind mit der schriftlichen Bestaetigung in der Tasche, dass unsere Paesse zur Zeit bei der Registrierung sind, von dannen gezogen... in die naechste Kneipe (um ca 15:30) wo wir erst mal ein Bier bestellt haben, nach der ganzen Aufregung...

Letzten Donnerstag haben wir unsere Paesse dann wieder bekommen... Ich bin offiziell registriert und damit nun auch endlich legal in Moskau!!!!! Jipiiiiiiieee.. Auch das haben Jeff und ich ein wenig gefeiert... in der Sushi Bar neben dem „Visa-to-Russia“-Buero... Mein erstes mal Sushi, und es war lecker! (Sushi gibt es hier an jeder Ecke... nicht billig, aber auch nicht unverschaemt teuer!)

Sooo... mehr in der naechsten Nachrichten!
Gruss,
Antje

Advertisement



12th April 2006

News
Hey, what are the latest news in mother russia? I haven't heard anything from you for ages...

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0902s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb