Me, you, him and the telephone.


Advertisement
Russia's flag
Europe » Russia » Centre » Yaroslavl
December 12th 2005
Published: December 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

The thermometer read minus 15 this morning, which took Chiara and I by surprise. There was no wind so it didn't feel any more uncomfortable than usual.

Lessons were neither good nor bad. Mondays don't require a lot of brain work so I was in a daydream for most of it. Maybe I am sleepy all the time because after taking my overcoat off to go inside I am still wearing four thermal layers in a warm classroom!

We read an Azerbaijani love story with Yulia. A man, Seimur, feels lonely at the wedding of his best friend. They choose a random phone number for him to dial and he falls in love with the girl who answers, called Medina. They speak every night but never see each other. A month after their first phone call he changes jobs; by chance she is the receptionist at his new office, which he finds out when he sees her number on a list of employees. He cannot reveal himself because she does not appear to like him in person. From the conversations they have on the phone each day he learns what the new boss needs to do to make her fall in love with him. In the end they get married and live happily. She suspects that the other man has stopped phoning out of jealousy, and he never tells her his secret.

I had Larissa's media class in the afternoon. I had the evening free but chose not to do anything with it. There was a blizzard, so by the time I had walked home the snow on my hat and coat was an inch thick.

The snow is knee high at the moment; the town is mostly white, with New Year lights on top of almost every building.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.301s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.257s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb