The Road To Transylvania - Part 8 - Sighisoara


Advertisement
Romania's flag
Europe » Romania » Transilvania » Mures » Sighisoara
September 12th 2008
Published: September 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Jo PubJo PubJo Pub

Inside Jo Pub
Sighisoara
Wednesday 13th February 2008

One week into our adventure and we’d already travelled through Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Hungary and Romania. Our second day in Sighisoara was rather quiet... well some of it. We spent the morning exploring the town, seeking out medieval watchtowers and churches. Rob and I posed for a photograph outside Vlad’s house and visited an underground internet café, whilst John caught up on some much needed sleep.

For tea, we ate in the Casa Vlad Dracul Restaurant, conveniently located within Vlad the Impaler’s house. I had my first experience of frog’s legs, and the tomato soup was to die for! Little did we know at this point that within a matter of hours we’d be extraordinarily drunk, singing, dancing, and talking absolute rubbish with a group of British teachers.

Jo Pub is an excellent place to spend an evening in Sighisoara. The drinking got excessive rather quickly as we encountered the travelling Brits. Singing the likes of Mr Boombastic on karaoke it was blatantly obvious that these lads weren’t Romanian. We chatted to locals and I was talked into singing a Bon Jovi track. The most embarrassing task was left to John though; an awkward crab dance across the length of the pub...


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

JohnJohn
John

Less than sober...


Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 16; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0251s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb