Budapest to Romania


Advertisement
Romania's flag
Europe » Romania » Transilvania » Brasov » Brasov
July 10th 2008
Published: July 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Budapest to Romania


Mileage ~3400 miles

We left Budapest for Romania. We didn't make it to our intended destination, Cluj, so stopped on the way at a campsite on the way. The campsite was next to both road and rail, had no facilities and that night the skies opened up on us in the strongest storm I've ever seen! I could hear the rain coming over the hill getting closer and even in the tent with eyes shut the lightning was bright!

We travelled into Cluj Napoca the next morning and had a walk around. Sadly the mysterious aquacycles promised on one tourist website remained a mystery as they seemed not to be present in the park. Walking around the city was still pleasant enough though. We drove on to Sighisoara, a medium-sized town with beautiful cobbled winding streets. We ate late and stayed the night in a hostel.

We had a look at the small dracula-themed museums (history, torture and armaments) around which the focus of the town's tourism is based before heading off in search of the 'Vampire Camping' campsite in Bran. We spent the evening in the campsite's bar, complete with own-brand Vampire Wine. Fighting our way through tacky vampire souvenir stalls the next morning, we made our walk up to Bran Castle, restored in the early 20th century by the monarch of the time.

We spend tonight at the Vampire Camping site again. We hope to visit a (dead) volcano tomorrow and visit Brasov before leaving Romania for Croatia.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0309s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb