Romania!


Advertisement
Romania's flag
Europe » Romania » Crisana » Bihor » Oradea
June 8th 2006
Published: June 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

6/8/06 Oradea
We had our second concert in Romania in one of the largest churches. The whole team stayed in an apartment on the top floor of the church. The youth group there has 200 with 150 that are dedicated to the church. Over 500 people (mainly youth) attended the concert. About 10 people sought salvation and there were many people crying in response to the message. I met with 3 American girls who are doing missionary work in Romania. One was only 17 and this is her second summer there working with babies in the hospital. Two of them were from Texas and the other was from Louisiana.

6/9/06 Ocnamures
We had a concert in the local culture house. The pastor is in a band and his wife is an American. They met ten years ago when she came on a missions trip to Romania for two weeks. During that time she realized he was ‘the one’ from God so she moved to Romania to pursue that relationship and now 10 years later they have a church and 3 children. I spoke with a daughter and mother from Lubbock, Texas who are missionaries in Romania. I was sick to my stomach after the concert and during the next day.

6/10 Iasi
The concert was in an old cinema. I spoke with an eleven year old girl who told me she wants to work for Jesus. I just encouraged her and told her she is very smart to realize at such a young age that He is the only One worth working for. Then I prayed for her.

6/13 Baia Mare
We had our concert in a big cinema with a really big stage but the CD started skipping during the concert so we did not do the whole concert. But people were still moved by the message and came forward to the altar call (even a couple who were making out during one of the songs - “The Throne”).
We stayed with a couple from the church who owned a little B&B outside of the city. It was absolutely adorable, beautiful and peaceful. The man is a potter and let each of us make bowls with his help.

6/14 Targu Mures
Our concert was in a school’s theatre (kind of like a culture house). I spoke with and prayed for a girl who is having problems in her relationship with her family. She has been a Christian since last July and wants the same for her family. She dances with a group in her church and wants to reach her city through that. She said the song, “Why” really spoke to her during the concert and she knows she must share Jesus with all of her friends. It was incredibly encouraging to speak with her and she how what we are doing is really helping others.

6/16 Sighisoara
I stayed by myself with a girl who is engaged to an American. She is 22 and he is 31. She met him 2 years ago when he came to Romania on a missions trip and she was his interpreter. They are getting married in 3 weeks. There are so many Americans here in Romania! There was a really cute Christian café in the city. The concert was in the local culture house right in the middle of the city.

6/17 Brasov
We had the concert in a small culture house. We got to stay in a very cute apartment right in the middle of the city. Dina and I had a very nice jog in the morning on green mountain.

6/18 Apata - small village & Team Days
We had a concert in a small village and this is also where we spent our four team days. There were many children and the concert was very loud. Many children came forward for the altar call. The only bathrooms were out houses. This was the first time the team really saw how different the lives of the people who live here in Romania are verses in Norway. On the second team day I went up the mountain by myself for four hours. It was absolutely WONDERFUL. Don’t worry, I was in no danger because I had 5 guard dogs with me. We are straying with a missionary from Switzerland and her 5 dogs always accompany anyone who leaves her house to go for walks. The whole time I was praying, worshipping, and reading the dogs just sat there waiting for me.




Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

The Dogs in ApataThe Dogs in Apata
The Dogs in Apata

these dogs followed me for 4 hours


Tot: 0.146s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0904s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb