Canary island cruise - Day 11


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal
February 5th 2023
Published: February 5th 2023
Edit Blog Post

Day 11 - A day at Sea



The meal in the Nepalese restaurant was very enjoyable and not too spicy.



How will I find anything to write about today ?



It’s surprising just how the time floats by! - A leisurely breakfast chatting to fellow passengers, everyone is so friendly.



Lots of lounges and areas to sit, although today it was rather breezy on deck, nice enough to walk around but a bit too chilly for sitting on.



There were some presentations made to crew members who received a certificate and a monetary award for being the best in their particular duties, the awards are voted on by fellow crew members. The look of pride on the winners faces as they received their award and were photographed with the Captain was so wonderful.



Time for a coffee in the Britannia lounge and listening again to the passenger choir as they practiced for their performance in a couple of days time.



It’s 12 noon and the captain gives his usual announcement of longitude,latitude,speed etc but an added surprise today as the
sister Saga ship ‘Spirit of Discover’ would soon be passing us on the port side en route to Madeira.



We often comment how few ships we see when cruising the open waters so it was a delight to see the passing ship with everyone waving. The Captains sounded their horns simultaneously followed by a rousing cheer across the waves.



Time for a light lunch - Well that’s the morning gone.



Another announcement by the Captain - there appeared a fault with the port propeller and so the ship was going to stop until the problem could be inspected, “Expect the ship to roll a little whilst we are stopped he said so hold on tight !”.

About 40 minutes passed we didn’t roll and the problem had all been sorted and the ship was underway again.



Just in time for the craft class - A bit of tea bag folding today, not sure why it’s called tea bag folding as no tea bags were damaged in the making of the greeting card. Apparently the name “Tea Bag Folding” refers to the folding of tea bag wrappers, not
the tea bags themselves.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement





Tot: 0.21s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.1104s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb