Into the heart and soul of Portugal.


Advertisement
Europe » Portugal » Northern
June 25th 2017
Published: July 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Leaving the sunshine of the Algarve,we headed north early for what I consider to be the heart and soul of this Iberian country. Evora This was our first stop after hours of driving on beautiful roads, away from the coast and into the interior hill country, bypassing numerous small towns and villages. Besides the sightseeing in the city itself, the most amazing discovery was the megalithic stones... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 60, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

A sample shot from part of the magnificent rotunda in the Convento de Christ.A sample shot from part of the magnificent rotunda in the Convento de Christ.
A sample shot from part of the magnificent rotunda in the Convento de Christ.

It is difficult to adequately capture the magnificence of this place. This picture gives a mere sampling. I have to consider a separate blog dedicated to this site.
View from our apartment window.View from our apartment window.
View from our apartment window.

Very large unit with high ceilings.
PortoPorto
Porto

Two years ago we got chatting with someone on a train in Germany to find out that he was from Porto. He was so excited to tell us about his city that we vowed then and there to visit.
Famous Portugese tart.Famous Portugese tart.
Famous Portugese tart.

There delights are everywhere.
We can say with confidence, Portugese wine is very good.We can say with confidence, Portugese wine is very good.
We can say with confidence, Portugese wine is very good.

We are yet to have had a bad bottle of Portugese wine. And, it costs very little.
Our waiter serves our seabass.Our waiter serves our seabass.
Our waiter serves our seabass.

Our waiter skillfully prepares our grilled seabass for eating, delivering great service and unquestionably delicious taste.
University students entertain in the market.University students entertain in the market.
University students entertain in the market.

Great personalities and crisp melodious harmonies from this talented group.



4th July 2017

Policemen
Your incident with the police reminds me of one a very long time ago in London, when my husband took a roundabout the wrong way. A policeman stopped us and referred to me as "your girl-friend". Bernard wanted to seem respectable and said: She is not my girl-friend but my wife. After a long discussion, the policeman said: Go, and make friends with your wife! (Wonderful English sense of humour)
4th July 2017

Portugal
A fantastic blog Roger. Again, repeatedly I say you have the gift of expressing in detail and bringing the reader right into the place you are describing and enjoying it with you. Well done. I enjoyed reading

Tot: 0.402s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 61; dbt: 0.1076s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb