Sunshine!


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Northern » Vila Praia de Ancora
April 3rd 2017
Published: April 3rd 2017
Edit Blog Post

2nd April

Woke to be totally confused with times. We’re so close to the border our phones still were ‘tuned’ to Spanish times & trying to set the times via the web was frustrating & more confusing. Cut a long story short...we slept in & still got up earlier than planned; work that out. Put more washing on & had breakfast, put a line up then jumped on the bikes into Caminha via the walkway/ cycle path away from the road. But first we went to the local beach which apart from two fishermen was, probably understandably, deserted.

As we approached the town, we saw, more heard, what must have been 100 motorbikes coming down the road in roughly 2 groups. As we walked our bikes into town we heard one of the groups parking up...the noise was deafening in the little square whilst they showed off. There were some smashing bikes but clearly some nutcases too who enjoyed seeing who could make the most noise. Anyway, the little bar had organised their lunch in the square so it quietened down. Caminha is a lovely little place, not much to it but some of the architecture was nice, the fountain in the square being 16th century.

We bought some water & Cathy opened her fizzy one too quickly only to drench me in the process. Soon dried as it was getting warmer by the minute. Cycled back for lunch outside & then just sat & enjoyed the sunshine; the forecast is good for at least the next 10 days.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0615s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb