Porto


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Northern » Porto
June 1st 2010
Published: June 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

OK This is the life! Didn’t want to wake up this morning but had to be up for breakfast and ready for the bus for the tour of Porto at 9am (I know what it sounds like) Porto is just gorgeous. We had a tour missed getting a photo of this really funny sight of a dog leaning on the window sill of a very old apartment building in the sun. Of course here was yet another beautiful church this time Baroque. Then we got off the bus and did our own thing. We came back by funicular to the bottom and then walked along the river bank back to the boat in time for lunch. Porto is just lovely and not so many tourists. Then off to the port maker for the tour and class in Port making followed by the sampling of course. All Port comes from this small area and it is a world heritage site since 1997 (Those heritage people must have been busy then as I think that’s when Cinque Terre became WH also) So back from that straight to the pool (small but big enough to cool of in - temp 29) and sun deck for casting off. Just gorgeous sitting back with the rum punch, jazz music in the background and watching this scenery go by: see the video. There is something incongruous about sitting there in togs with rum in the sun and then hearing the church bells ringing in the hills. Then we reached our first lock which was really interesting as we seemed to just fit through and that’s all. Love our music director! So now I’m dressed for dinner and quickly typing this before dinner in a monastery. Yes we’re having a nice time!!! Sure hope the weather stays like this.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.353s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0871s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb