Arrived


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Northern » Braga
August 1st 2010
Published: August 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

We have arrived. After a pretty restful trip to Frankfurt we did the extended walking tour of the Frankfurt airport. In Frankfurt we had a short layover, oh by the way, if you ever feel like shopping for luxury items at 7 am go to the Frankfurt airport. They had shops open selling, Rolex, Cartier, Tods shoes, Chanel. We cant even get a coffee at the Hartford airport after 9 at night forget luxury goods. We did not buy anything but made our flight to Porto. Some slept, some had breakfast. OK Bridgette and I had breakfast. Crepes and a yummy lemon curd filled cookies.

Upon arriving in Porto we knew that we might run into a little trouble with our rental car. We were not disappointed. We went to the Europcar counter and explained that we had reserved 2 automatic cars, but would really like one automatic that seated six. The young woman told us to proceed to the shuttle and they would take care of us. We went to the shuttle but were told they only had manual transmissions available and also I would need to find an internet connection to cancel our reservation or they will charge us. We very nicely asked them to cancel, no they canºt do that. When I tried to cancel online they said they canºt find my reservation.
We walked across the street to Ãvis and indeed they had two volvos with automatic transmision. But not one car that can seat six with automatic.

~So off we go in one silver and one black volvo wagon. Loaded with luggage one GPS and written directions that basically said
Take A3 north get off on a certain exit, then go past a gas station, after five kilometers head towards a garden with a fountain then an orange tree, turn right at the orange tree and the gate is across from the church. ~
They were not kidding and with only one redirect we found it.

The farm is lovely our rooms are comfy and yess! clean if you know what I mean.
So we are happily resting, not sleeping after our snack.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.262s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb