CROSSING THE POND


Advertisement
Europe » Portugal » Madeira » Funchal
April 14th 2019
Published: April 16th 2019
Edit Blog Post

As we cruised out of Bermuda on a stunning evening we were looking forward to a week at sea. To some this would seem daunting but there is so much to do on a ship. There is plenty of time for reading, lectures, crafts, blogging, paddle tennis, swimming, hanging with new found friends or simply gazing at the beautiful ocean. The most important factor in crossing the pond is weather. When the Voyage... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

BREAD ANYONE?BREAD ANYONE?
BREAD ANYONE?

The kitchen crew put on a fabulous "galley lunch" that featured the talented chefs’ recipes.
PIZZAPIZZA
PIZZA

Along with the fancy food they can put out a tasty pizza pie.
TERRY, PHYLLIS, BARBARA and STEVETERRY, PHYLLIS, BARBARA and STEVE
TERRY, PHYLLIS, BARBARA and STEVE

Cruising couples from Arizona and Florida.
THE COUNTRY FAIRETHE COUNTRY FAIRE
THE COUNTRY FAIRE

A highlight of our cruise was this event which features all the ship's departments offering games of chance for the guests. Susan won a Regent back pack.
TILE WORK IN FUNCHALTILE WORK IN FUNCHAL
TILE WORK IN FUNCHAL

Picture of the original pier.



16th April 2019

Madeira
Glad you enjoyed some madeira, m'dears!
17th April 2019

Madeira
Your comments brought back happy memories. We first visited the island about 40 years ago and of course one of the highlights was sledding down that narrow steep passage. We loved that experience, so of course repeated it when last there about fifteen years ago. What I particularly remember that second time was that I loved the sled ride EVEN MORE second time around. Just the fact of repeating such a unique experience brought "over the top" joy to us. Interesting about the asphalt; that takes half the fun away for "riding the cobbles" which added to the thrill of the experience. We stayed at Reid's, and of course remember the Churchill connection. I remember there was a "Godiva" chocolate shop just a short walk from where we were docked. I stopped in and purchased sweets for some of the crew members who looked after us while on board. Thanks to Lindblad, for taking us to so many unique destinations; experiences we wouldn't trade for all the "stuff" in the world. After all, at the end of the day it is our life experiences that count. Surely you'll agree. Got the lowdown on the Viking Sky fiasco. My friend Susan Dollberg, who along with her husband was winched off onto the helicopter, couldn't say enough about how the whole event was handled with the utmost calm and efficiency. The company's owner even flew out from L.A. to see that all was handled in the best way possible. Also, Susan tells me everyone was VERY WELL recompensed. That's all for now; hope to see you next time.

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb