Lovely Lisbon


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisbon & Tagus Valley
April 22nd 2009
Published: April 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Here we are at our first stop!! We have had a great time here in Lisbon. The hostel was perfect, and our ability to sightsee surprised us both. We were busy from 10 in the morning untill 6 in the evening.

The evening we arrived we sat down at a table on the pavement outside a restaurant and had dinner and a cold beer. Lovely to sit outside and just watch people passing by. Life was good! =)

As we were trying to find a way to get up to Castelo de Sao Jorge we met two guys from Brazil, who were going the same way. Sweeet! Since we are crap at remembering names they will only be reffered to as The One and The Other. *hehe* The One was very funny and outgoing, while The Other was more layed back. The One even helped me get a picture of a part of the castle with no people on it. He just walked over and shooed the resting, old lady away.... Haha!

Unfortunately we lost them on the way down to the city again. We were too busy singing Fait Accompli. Had lunch down by the electrica stop (tram stop), and got some good tips about Mocambique from an old man that had a friend living there.

After lunch we tried to take a bus or electrica towards Belem to see Torre de Belem and Padrao dos Descobrimentos. Thought it would only be a small monument but it was Huge! The tower was very picturesque, just at the water front. On the way back to the electrica we also passed Mosteiro dos Jeronimos. Very beautiful, but we decided not to enter since the queue of pensioneres was a wee bit too long.. =)

Lisbon was in short lovely! No stress and so beautiful. Wish we could have stayed longer!


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



28th April 2009

Belem
What a shame you didn't get to go inside the Mosteiro dos Jeronimos...its Lisbon's most impressive monument

Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 65; dbt: 0.0708s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb