Portugal Trip


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisbon & Tagus Valley » Lisbon
April 11th 2010
Published: April 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today was a rather unusual day. Instead of getting up and getting going we just laid around the pool and read our books. It’s windy and cooler this morning but still quite warm so we weren’t in any hurry. We tried to have an English breakfast (sausage, eggs, tomatoes, beans and toast) at a nearby restaurant but it was going to take too long so we had a Canadian breakfast at the Best Western Hotel (bacon, eggs, fruit and rolls). While at the hotel we were able to access their internet so we got off some blogs and e-mails. After breakfast Pete & Jo returned to the villa while Cath, Renita and I walked to the market to do another grocery shop for our last 2 days here.

We got back to the villa, had a light lunch and laid around until about 4:00 and then we walked down to the beach at Praia da Coelha, otherwise known as Rabbit Beach. I don’t know they call it Rabbit Beach because we didn’t see any rabbits anywhere. This beach was very interesting. It’s very small and surrounded by very high cliffs. The surf here is really wild compared to other beaches. This beach, like Soa Rafael, has eaten away the rock face creating deep caves. The surf pounded at the rocks and would be good for surf boarding. There weren’t many people on this beach because it’s so small so the only real scenery is the surf and the rocks. We sat in the sand for about an hour and then headed back as the time was closing in on dinner.

By now is close to 6:00 and it’s still really very warm. We bar-b-qued chicken and pork steaks and it was great. Now we’re sitting around drinking our wine recounting the day. Actually, we’re conserving our energy because the girls have declared that they want to go into Albufeira tomorrow to shop. Ooooh Nooooo!!!

Audius for now.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0591s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb