Last desperate shopping...


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisbon & Tagus Valley » Lisbon
March 14th 2006
Published: March 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Håvard outside Estadio LuzHåvard outside Estadio LuzHåvard outside Estadio Luz

Outside Colombo Mall and Estadio Luz
The last day in Lisbon, we had a few hours to do some last desperate shopping! Håvard was looking for jack-cables and a stage-tuner, and Siri was looking for cakes. We went out to the ENORMOUS shopping mall Colombo! We took the metro(blue line) to Colegio Militar/Luz, the station was just beneath the mall. The mall was so big that we got lost a couple of times! Siri spent 20 minutes just looking for a shop that sold baby-clothes(for Håvards niese...)...and another 20 minutes finding back to the café where Håvard was sitting drinking his cafezinho. We also got a quick look at Estadio Luz, the homestadium of Benfica.

After sucking in the last last rays of sun, we entered the taxi, and headed for the airport! We were both very sad, because after 4 days in Lisbon, we still had a lot of things we wanted to do and see! We have to come back sooooon!

Siri managed to speak a little portuguese, to buy metrotickets (from a rude guy that almost made her cry), order at restaurants and pastelarias and asking for our roomkey("quatrocentos e oito, por favor"). Håvard, who is a bit more fluent in portuguese had long conversations, especially with the taxidrivers about different topics, but mostly futebol. :-)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb