Leaving on a jet plane


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisbon & Tagus Valley » Lisbon
February 9th 2019
Published: February 9th 2019
Edit Blog Post

-8 in Chilliwack this morning , a good day to be travelling. Our friends Kathie and Bill picked us up, we turned the rear seat heaters on and started our adventure.

Air Canada’s Dreamliner is taking us to almost the Big Apple, we will connect to our destination just across the river in Newark.

The checkin , security , customs all was easy peasy ,Kathy did have to stand in the Starbucks lineup for 20 minutes so she could reward herself with a $5 coffee drink.

I guess they are cutting back on washroom paper products and only providing a small square of paper towel per mechanical request. Not quite enough to fulfill the task.

She just took multiple squares , doesn’t make any sense.

Good flight, we missed out on any upgrades but had bulkhead seats with lots of leg room. Kathie and Bill were good with their seats as well.

I had worked with the Flt Service Director in a previous life and she provided us with some extra service.

Super nice of her.

Here in Lisbon!

Customs was not busy and they were happy to have us. Had to have a bit of a discussion with the ruler of the cab lineup , but was okay. Easy ride to the hotel , it was the drivers wife’s birthday.

Dropped our bags at the Hotel after the cab had dropped us at the wrong one.

Out for coffee and croissants while we waited for the Hotel to prepare our rooms.

Cool motif for the Hotel. Room is on the smallish side but nice.

We had a little nap , then out for a walk. Found a quaint street , drank some wine and had cheese ,bread meat. Kathie and Bill tried out the Metro, said it was clean but the machines to purchase tickets did not make any sense.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb