Drug dealers and Octopus


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisbon & Tagus Valley
February 6th 2019
Published: February 10th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Commerce SquareCommerce SquareCommerce Square

Street entertainers, gypsy’s and drug dealers. All down this street
Nice breakfast at our Hotel, typical European buffet style. Building coffee’s , presented the biggest challenge. Kathie Z had it down and was instructing other guests.

Over consumed as usual.

Hop on hop off bus for a look around the city. For once the audio system worked , so we listened to a perky Englishman talk about the history of the city. The earthquake/tsunami wrecked havoc on the city in 1755 and most structures are rebuilt/repaired.

Nice walking streets with entertainers, hucksters and drug sales every few feet. Some very aggressive, but mostly a laid back style of selling their products.

Bought a coffee and a tart then tried to sit at their outdoor seating. They were not having that and we were asked to move on. Kathy spilled a coffee on the table , by accident. Bill says if she hadn’t he would have! Gypsy dressed in clown costume wanted to make balloon animals for us. Spooky!

We looked around Jorges castle/fort. Bill and Kathie did the guided tour , we just wandered around the neighbourhood. Fantastic city views.

Back on the hop on/off bus to the hotel.

Out for a walk and dinner. Bill tried the octopus , Kim had mussels, Kathie chicken and Kathy lamb. Quality was good , prices a little high. If something is put on your table and you try it , you pay for it! Like , bread,butter,olives , could become expensive , .80 for a piece of bread 1.05 for a small butter stick. Up to the roof terrace for sour cherry drink , nice.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0288s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb