Tours and more tours!


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisbon & Tagus Valley » Cascais
May 16th 2008
Published: May 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The weather was so much better today! No rain, partly cloudy 68 degrees!

We had our all day tour today. Our first tour wasnt all that great. The tour guide spoke so fast i couldnt understand her and we barely had enough time to get off the bus and take pictures.

We took a ride over the famous lisbon bridge, passed Fatima. We went to the Bellum Tower, a very nice church, then headed to a coach museum!? So random... we also passed old town lisbon and the monument of discoveries. We then went back to central Lisbon for lunch. Two hours later was our 2 nd tour of the day. This one was much better. The tour guide spoke nice and slow.. and we were able to get out and stroll around the towns.

Our first stop was Sintra, this was a tiny, cute town which was very picturesque.. we visited one of the royal palaces in sintra. it was so unique with all of the hand painted tiles all over the walls. We went shopping around the town then got back on the bus to go to the most Western point of Europe,, Cabo de Roca!. It was really windy, but the cliffs were neat to take pictures of!

After cabo de roca we passed gucho beach and headed to cais cais bay. Caiscais was also a nice little beach town. We didnt have much time so we took pictures and got back on the bus. We went back to Lisbon and ate dinner. We were so tired we came back here to our bungalow!. Tomorrow will be relaxing and more shopping!

<3 nikki


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0594s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb