Starter´s Orders! We are off!


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisboa
May 4th 2019
Published: May 5th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Well, today was a most auspicious start to our travels; a most encouraging day that proceeded without a hitch! We walked Mutley and Megan up to their holiday home (Nick and Mam’s house), then returned home to shut our place up for a couple of months before Nick collected us and drove us to Alicante airport. Our TAP flight (Portuguese Airlines) from Alicante to Lisbon was on a turboprop plane! Now you don’t fly on those many times any more in Europe! It was a 70-seater, similar to one we flew on in Borneo last year from Miri to the Mulu National Park. We loved it! It was like old-fashioned flying, just two wide seats each side of the aisle, tons of leg room, a most generous luggage allowance, free drinks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic and a light snack. Most unusual on an economy flight! Since we only flew at a cruising altitude of seven thousand metres, we had views all the way across Spain and in to Portugal. Great flight and landed ten minutes early! A quick transfer to the city centre found us checking in to a gorgeous hotel in a cobbled pedestrianised street, rammed with bars and restaurants. Prices surprised us for their good value (60 cents for a good little coffee cortado). Our evening meal was just 35 euros including a decent bottle of red. Happy days! Tomorrow we plan to burn off the wine and food by a full day’s walking the streets and exploring this city. We love Lisbon already! Great architecture, vibrant street culture, friendly people and 27 degrees of sunshine. A promising start to our trip!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



5th May 2019

Lisbon
Hi Viv and zjohn We free to Jersey in a turboprop place a few years ago. We really enjoyed it and it’s so good to see so clearly the land below. Have a great couple of days.. here in North Devon it is only 11 degrees but sunny.
5th May 2019

BON VOYAGE. LOOK FORWARD TO SHARING YOUR ADVENTURES..

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0675s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb