Portugal from North to South in 10 days


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Lisboa
November 13th 2017
Published: November 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

It's been a long time since we got more than 5 days to travel abroad and finally we were able to take some time to get to know Portugal. We have already been there visiting some cities, but we had never been able to take a couple of weeks to discover the less touristic cities.

First of all, I have to say it is a great destination to visit. What can you see in Portugal? It has some beautiful places, beach and mountain, cities with history, forests, great food (and quite cheap by the way). Our favourite dish was Bacalhau . It also has some drawbacks such as its management of highways and roads or the price of fuel. But from my point of view it is a must visit.

Portugal in 10 days. How can we organize the trip? We basically divided Portugal into three zones:

North zone, staying in Oporto. 3 days.

Central zone, staying in Coimbra and Lisbon. 4 days.

South zone / Algarve, staying in Sagres. 3 days.

Oporto is a very beautiful city with a lot of personality. It really surprised us when we visited. It has many things to see and all of them are beautiful, from its bridges, to the cathedral , the castle, the wineries, etc. If you are arriving to Portugal by plane, it is best to pick up the rental car at the airport. There are many companies available at reasonable prices (like Centauro , Guerin or Voiture Portugal).

We loved Lisbonne, it is beautiful, picturesque and full of corners that are worth it. Its only downside is that it is uncomfortable to go by car and you have to move by public transport or walking. The slopes are a bit annoying, keep it in mind when packing.

In Algarve we were more relaxed, we did aquatic activities such as snorkeling or kayaking, among others. To go to the Algarve you can go by the toll road or by the national highway. We prefer to go for the national one because we decided to stop by the towns and beaches that we want to see. There are many great beaches down there .

As I said before, Portugal it is a must visit.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0404s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb