ten toes in lisbon now Porto now Nazare


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Central
February 19th 2015
Published: February 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi
Now 8.10PM on Thursday 19 February.
Champions league has started with Celtic just started so must keep an eye on scores.
Went to the fresh fish and vegetables market this morning and gave the lady two euros and pointed to the cod so she was able to chop me off a piece for two euros.
So it was fresh so not the problem of the last bit I brouget which was salty and I did not wash it for long enough... over three days changing the water daily...
Did not fillet it very well but as I was eating on my own fingers came in handy....
Just boiled it in the frying on for 6 minutes each side... did not fall apart and quiet juicy
Yesterday morning after breakfast was able to have a good chat with Tina as Wednesday she works from home... she is well and they enjoyed their trip to Dorset over the weekend.. a break away would of done them both a power of good...
Also got some washing done.. interesting hanging it out as if you drop anything it falls on a unoccupied building below. Evidence of pegs on the roof. Then went up the hill to Mass at 11.30.. that was not so went to the local museum near by...
Only small but very well done... with artifacts of old plus boat building and what is traditional clothing. Some of which was seen during the carnival.
Then headed to North beach.. more for surfers and not many houses along the way .. wind turbines and Forrest seem to be popular along the coastal area..
Then back to Pederneira for Mass at 6.30... Ash Wednesday . Went to the church by the cemetery but by 6.16PM no one about so head back about 3 minutes to another church that was closed..... about 60 people present so church was about three quarter full.
Mass was an hour with singing plus the priest with a sermon that kept people's attention. Then back here to cook tea ..... pasta , tuna, salad and bread and just finished my last mouthful and Liz got through so was good to catch up with her... she is writing up her Camino diary at present so she checks with me bits and pieces.. . Two minds are better than one. Sometimes. Then to bed in the dark ,. Yes have a new room mate from Germany... felt like I was back on the Camino..
Then today off to the information centre to find out what was North of North beach...
More Bechtel only by the sounds of things. so off I walk finding two supermarket opposite each other.... reasonable size as well ... had been to the market before hand as it is near the information centre.
Afterwards off to North beach for lunch and a snooze before a walk along the beach.
About 6 guy fly fishing along the beach, non yesterday... but today was calmer.
You need a hanky as your eyes water and nose runs as you walk into the wind..
Much easier coming back as the wind is behind you although it was a misty afternoon.
Found 2.eurose 50 on the beach so heading back stopped at the top in Sitio for a beer to celebrate Oscars birthday early..... it is tomorrow...
The sun had set so time to head home down the hill ..
So until my next blog
Have a great day
Love anne


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.437s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0675s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb