ten toes in lisbon now Porto now Nazare


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Central
February 15th 2015
Published: February 15th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi.
Sunday evening 8.10PM and in the dinning room here at Nazare hostel.
Yes have decided to stay here until I go to Lisbon next week.
It is clean , only two bunks in the room, handy to town, good kitchen so am not moving for now.
Yes went out on the town last night for the parade that by 10 50 PM had not started so headed back. Was good to go out and get the atmosphere of the carnival.
Lots of people dressed up, about 8 leprechaun, plus lots of others.. been a fishing area a number of captains. Etc so all seemed to be enjoying themselves. Not sure when the Portuguese have there main meal as the restaurants all seemed to be be busy...
weekend so hard to tell.
Up late this morning and had a shower and breakfast.... then up the hill to Mass at Our Lady of Nazare at 11.30 I thought. Was a little early but then three quarters of an hour later Mass starts...... perhaps the priest was delayed but not sure.... he was same one from last night but this time he gave the sermon... he was more like the Spanish with arms in all direction and with good conviction.. about 100 at the Mass which was similar to last night..
then took my time back down to town for the parade... found s sheltered spot off the main road for lunch, then to the parade....
Not sure but about 9 thousand people watching and about 700 people in the parade....
Will check at the information centre tomorrow but people every where trying to get good spot to view the floats and the people associated with them
Two people started the parade similar to the purely king and queen but dressed in delta patterns ...... it is either a coffee brand or associated with a cafe.... not sure on that one.
Then it was king Neptune float with king and queen.
All the groups were then introduced to them.... I think it was on television at some stage... the helecopter camera was in use... and they gave a short speech and sang to the music..... I think the drummers. There were about 10 different groups of drummers.
All lucky playing about three different songs all day. All over town....
The parade started about three and finished at about 6PM. So town will be humming for a while yet I guess.... cloudy and cool at times but not too bad.
All seemed to enjoy themselves from the young to the very old... The older women dresses in traditional dress of gathered skirt upron sods slip on shoes hair in a bun cape over the top of a nice embroidered top....
Hope tomorrow to go for a walk along the beach past the marina to the next beach and see how far it goes....
Will take food as not sure what will be on offer.. better to be safe than sorry.
Until my next blog have a great day.
Love Anne


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.268s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0722s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb