ten toes in lisbon now Porto now Nazare


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Central
February 16th 2015
Published: February 16th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi
Monday evening 7.20PM and here in the dinning room at Nazare hostel.
Just finished tea so am feeling full but comfortable. Pasta tomatos sardines green pepper and a salad mix . Next mutiny do the dishes.
A bit cool and no heating here in the dinning room but there is heating in the bedrooms.
Good to hear this morning that Ireland beat the West Indies in the cricket world cup so hope New Zealand do well against Scotland tonight.... also tonight Preston North End take on Manchester United in a f.a. cup clash so will be keeping an eye on that score.
Having breakfast got through to Mum. She been done to see Yvonne Rowland who is not well at present... Mary her daughter picked Mum up and John her son brought Mum home.... and Peter her other son is due in from Auckland today .. Yvonne and Mum have been friends since Mum was three so yes a few years now.. also Yvonne is my God Mother.. I remember been at there plaCE in Sumner and been woken up to see the sunrise... it was a good one.... also from there place in LlLyall Bay and watching the planes arrive at Wellington airport.. they use to live in Makara and have a black car.... Mum will miss her very much... .
Then for my walk but first to the supermarket to get some rolls and a green pepper and a yoghurt which is just as well because the route I took today had no shops or cafes...
Along the beach past the marina to the next beach then found a river...
So along the river to the next possible bridge and along a dirt tractor a sign that said church.... this track I follow pass some market gardens .. well the church is in the process of been restored and by the condition of the workman hut not much has been going on recently.. but it did prevent me from going Bush aether door was not attached.
Then to the beach for lunch... with three layers of clothes on was not even temptered to get my feet wet..... but found a spot out of the wind for lunch. So no sand included..
Bread rolls brie cheese green pepper good for lunch plus yoghurt.
Back along the dirt track then up a dirt track through a eucalyptus trees plus some pine trees pass a flash Miramar hotel with good views of Nazare and on to the church of Misericordia for a natal.. a famous pastry casing filled with custard. .. famous in Belem in Lisbon but also popular else where in Portugal...then down to the supermarket and home. Picked up some bread for toast in the morning and some salad mix for tea. ...
Some people have come in so looks as though I am not the only one in today...
No one wasextra in my room so they must be else where.. not sure how many people can stay... must find out... found the birthday card in my bag so was able to post it off to Oscar for his birthday on Friday.. hope it gets there on time...
Just been using Google to find out what tIme Mass is on Ash Wednesday also tomorrow as got the Star of the Sea bulletin. Estrela do Mar....
So am slowly learning new Portuguese words.
Also tomorrow is a holiday in this area so more parades and other activities I guess so hopefully it will be a little warmer than today... well here hoping.
Until my next blog ..
Have a great day
Love Anne


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.252s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0625s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb