Lagos Beaches


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Algarve » Lagos
June 13th 2016
Published: July 18th 2016
Edit Blog Post

This is a young persons town, there are churches, and a castle but the draw here are the great beaches. We were a little worried when our GPS had us driving on a dirt road to our apartment. Both Mark and I thought, what kind of place have I booked us into. The apartment was just fine, a bedroom and bathroom downstairs with a patio off the bedroom. Upstairs was a kitchen, living room, TV and a balcony with table and chairs. The view from the balcony was of the beaches. We sat out on the balcony and enjoyed our port. After a good breakfast we headed to the beach called Dona Ana, we got a early start because there is not a lot of parking. We found street parking and rented sun covers and lounges. The beach is magnificent with rock formations. There is a restaurant and free restrooms. Midday we took the path over the hill to the neighboring beach called Praia Do Pinhao, then through the water to the next beach called Batata and then through a hole through the rocks to another beach. Each beach was beautiful. A popular activity here is kayaking, all day we watched groups of kayakers paddle past our beach and then hours later pass by again.

We have been eating fish almost every day so we are ready for a change. We eat at Nah Nah Bah a burger joint. Mark orders fish tacos and I get a burger with fries and we split. So much for the no fish, Mark cannot resist fish tacos. The burger is good with pineapple salsa, tomato, onion, lettuce, cheese, bacon and their sauce. They are known for their garlic fries but I ask for them plain, we order beer (the Portugal local called Super Bock). We talk with our waitress a girl from Sweden, she says there is only one other Swede living in Lagos. The young man who took our order is from Boston and he has been living in Lagos for 12 years, I guess he likes the beach life. After dinner we walk thru the cobblestone streets, I stop at a shop and buy a dress that makes me think of butterflies. There are lots of people out, checking out the goods at the craft booths along the water and eating and drinking in outdoor cafes. We like Lagos a lot and would recommend anyone who enjoys a relaxing day at the beach to visit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb