Sunny Lagos Days


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Algarve » Lagos
November 19th 2006
Published: November 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

A Beautiful Sunny Day Ends Our Stay in Lagos



More Grottos and Beaches

Today we got up and decided to head back to the cliffs. Thanks to the rain on Friday we had ended our cliff experience about half way early, therefore; today was our day to finish that leg of our adventure.

After the mile or so walk back to where we ended our last hike we started walking/climbing the trails along the cliffs. Shortly after out trail hiking started we found the precarious steps down to the little grotto that was a nude beach. We decided to head on down despite the possibility of nakedness. After about ten minutes we reached the bottom and thankfully there were no naked Brits lying about (they tend to be pasty and usually not the prettiest naked people). We stayed down there about 20 minutes and got some beautiful pictures and then headed back topside. It seems that we ended our adventure just in time as a small group of pasty British men were on their way down while we were heading back up. I guess we just missed seeing them naked…

The rest of the time on the cliffs contained more hiking and actually some climbing that was a little crazy. I got a good picture of Kel climbing up the side of the cliff which should give you some idea how precarious some of this climbing was. Disclaimer: We never did anything either of us thought was truly dangerous so Moms, rest at ease!

Tonight we will rest for tomorrow’s continued journey

Tomorrow, we finally head out for Sevilla, Spain. It’ll be nice to be in a new country with a new language and new food. While Portuguese food is really good we have grown a little tired of the monotony. Spain will have a whole new set of dishes for us to try.

I’m sure we will have no problems getting internet access in Sevilla so you should continue to get entries from us on a regular basis. It seems that the weather is starting to get a little cold back home so try not to freeze if you can. We will be in cold weather soon enough, Germany is our next stop after Spain.



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Lazy JacksLazy Jacks
Lazy Jacks

The Bar we've been hanging out in...free wi-fi


19th November 2006

Kel and Mike, Kel, your seafaring experiences from Cape Cod and your New Hampshire mountain climbing trips have prepared you well for your activities in Lagos. I'm impressed with the adventurous spirit you and Mike have brought with you on your world trip. It’s fun for you and fun for others to read about. If you need any other climbing equipment let us know; EMS is great for that. We look forward to hearing all about Spain.
20th November 2006

It looks like a lot of stuff is in English over there. Interesting. Do the areas you stay in rely on english speaking tourism heavily?

Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb