Day 15:Carvoeiro, Albufeira in the Algarve


Advertisement
Portugal's flag
Europe » Portugal » Algarve » Albufeira
August 2nd 2022
Published: August 5th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Started as a bit of a slow day. Anne and I got up and went to have coffee and read up on the area to get ideas. We knew we wanted to book parasailing, a boat tour in the caves and surfing for the kids but weren't sure where to do it from. We wanted to go with a well rated company so we weren’t disappointed.
After coffee we woke the kids and went to see the beach area where on surf lesson shop was located. It was a nice spot but the water was pretty flat at the time and didnt give a good feeling of a spot to learn. The guy said that low tide is usually better and thats in the morning.
We went back to the car and drove to Albufeira to book our parasailing and boat tours (a bit of a relief) and thought more about surfing. We decided to go to a local beach and book the lessons at the close beach and see what happens. We drove to the closest beach and holy crap we stumbled upon a really nice hidden gem. It was a small beach with rock formations in the water acting like a shield and sun shade. It sas intimate and very cool. The water was the warmest yet and really refreshing in the heat of the day. Cameron said he thought the water was saltier than in PEI, he might be right. We seemed to be able to float easier too, but maybe thats the COVID weight! The Portuguese know how to do beaches, thats for sure.

We were all tired from being in the sun and just wanted to eat something quick and easy so we went to the nearest Burger King. Low and behold we eneded up at a huge mall with tonnes of North American stores and outdoor shopping. I think Anne and Camille were in heaven. We ate and the girls went to the mall, whe the boys sat and enjoyed free WiFi and comfortable chairs.
Picked uo some groveries for the place and went home. Finally off my feet, I think theres still sand in my toes.

Tomorrow is the parasailing adventure, but first, the local pool across the street.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 37; dbt: 0.028s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb