Auschwitz Concentration Camp


Advertisement
Poland's flag
Europe » Poland
March 13th 2009
Published: September 2nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 50.0432, 19.2695

We were initially unsure about whether to go to Auschwitz. We knew it would be awful and depressing. But in the end we felt we should go. We made the hour and a half trip. And it was awful and depressing. We opted to walk ourselves through the camp. They have it set up with information in many of the 'blocks' or buildings that housed the prisoners. I knew what these people experienced was horrible but I learned even more. It is really difficult to put into words what went on there. I don't think I can. We had visited the Anne Frank House in Amsterdam, the Jewish area of Prague and many other reminders of the Nazis horrific behavior all over Europe. For the first time after seeing Auschwitz, there was actually a feeling of physical illness. The overwhelming feeling that I would actually going to throw up. This feeling was then followed up with of not sadness or sorrow but a very strong feeling of anger. This was not a good time. This not something that anyone should have to see. But I do feel that this is something that everyone should take the time to see. To remind us of the evil that man can and has done to each other and to help insure this will never happen again.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0279s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb